To find hundreds more resources, search in the TUC Library Catalog using a keyword search for the type of information you need. For example, if you need information about surveys, use the keyword *surveys* and you will be presented with many more books--both print and electronic--about creating, conducting, and analyzing, and presenting surveys.
Information about literature reviews can be found on the Literature Reviews page.
Information about systematic reviews can be found on the Systematic Reviews page.
Visit SAGE RESEARCH METHODS website where you will find tutorials and guides of the key concepts in research, research philosophy, ethics, design, planning, data collection, data quality, data management, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and writing and disseminating research.
Types of resources include:
EndNote is software that helps you organize the sources (articles, books, websites, etc.) that you are using in your research. It also generates bibliographies in the style you choose, including APA. The software is free to TUC students, faculty, and staff and can be downloaded via Canvas. Check out the EndNote Guide to learn more.
With PROQUEST RESEARCH COMPANION you can get help with the following crucial steps in your research process:
Using Information Appropriately & Effectively
Also Includes the Following Tools:
If you need help with your research paper, visit the ACADEMIC WRITER database (formerly APA Style).
You will find the following under the LEARN tab:
66 Quick Guides on topics such as capitalization, citing references in text, copyright, writing a method section, and much more.
18 Tutorials to help you with all aspects of writing your papers, including, topics such as ethical standards for research, designing research, reducing bias, and much more.
10 Self-Quizzes so you can assess your competence in APA style. Areas include formatting, tables and figures, and how to report scientific research.
17 Sample Papers to illustrate the correct way to write and format papers in APA style.
152 Sample References so you can see exactly how your references should look.
8 Sample Tables so you can create effective and proper tables to display your information.
7 Sample Figures demonstrating the correct way to place figures in your research papers.
You'll also find help for the following on the website:
- Analyzing data and drawing conclusions
- Confounding variables and their control
- Criteria and criterion measures
- Ethical standards in research and writing
- Getting started with APA style
- How to avoid plagiarism and self-plagiarism
- How to determine authorship
- How to find reliable sources
- How to reduce bias in language : writing about individuals with respect and objectivity
- How to report scientific research
- How to title your work
- Publishing your journal article
- Research design and threats to internal validity
- Research questions and hypotheses
- Research strategies and variables
- The basics of copyright and permission
- The rules of evidence in science