TUC students, faculty, and staff can install EndNote X9 for free. To download EndNote to your computer:
>Log into TouroOne
>Scroll down and click on Canvas icon
>Click on TUC_Student_Resources
>Scroll down until you see EndNote X9 for PC and MAC
>Click on the version of EndNote you want - PC or MAC.
>Make note of the *product key* that will appear once you select PC or MAC, then follow the link for EndNote X9.
If you have any questions or problems installing EndNote, contact the TUC IT Department at extension 85424 or at Service Desk email.
Access EndNote's built-in help system by pressing F1, or go to the Help menu within EndNote.
Refer to the EndNote Manual or Getting Started Guide in the EndNote folder on your computer (downloaded during installation).
Visit EndNote's SUPPORT page for help articles, answers to common questions, and to contact the support team directly
EndNote's TRAINING GUIDE includes downloadable starter materials including Quick Reference Guides, short video tutorials, and tips for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Watch EndNote's X9 YOUTUBE PLAYLIST, which includes recorded webinars and tutorials.
These links take you to in-depth guided tutorials on how to use all of EndNote 9X's features on Mac and Windows operating systems. You will need to create an account to register for these tutorials, but they are free.
The tutorials cover the following topics for Mac OS and Windows OS:
• The EndNote library window: How to create, organize, and manage your EndNote libraries
• Online searching
• Direct exporting
• Library groups & backups
• Finding full-text
• PDF importing and annotations
• Finding duplicates & reference updates
• Syncing EndNote
• Cite While You Write (CWYW)
The EndNote Help Guide contains helpful resources to help you get started using Endnote including:
- instructions for use for both Mac and PC users;
- a schedule of webinars, including Q & A sessions;
- information for EndNote Online;
- how to use EndNote on mobile devices; and
- EndNote community forums, which are great for asking questions you can't find the answers to anywhere in the guide.